Rules & Regulations Printable Document
Contract for Use
Any Fenton Township business, resident or property owner may rent the
facilities at the “resident” rate for any of the following
events. Whenever possible a Fenton Township resident/property owner must
be the individual listed as the applicant.
Bride or groom or any parent of the bride or groom must be a Fenton
Township resident or property owner.
Wedding Anniversary Party
Husband or wife whose anniversary is being celebrated must be a Fenton
Township resident or property owner.
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
Husband or wife whose anniversary is being celebrated or any child of
that couple must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
The person whose birthday is being celebrated must be a Fenton Township
resident or property owner.
The retiree being honored must be a Fenton Township resident or property
A Fenton Township resident or property owner must be the applicant for
rental of the facilities.
High School or College Graduation Party
The graduate or a parent of the graduate must be a Fenton Township resident
or property owner.
High School Class Reunion
The reunion must be for a graduating class of Lake Fenton, Fenton or
Linden High School.
The business must be located in Fenton Township or a business owner/officer
must be a resident of Fenton Township.
All Other Events
At least 50% of the people attending the event must be Fenton Township
residents or property owners.
- Fenton Township residents or property owners celebrating their 50th
wedding anniversary may use the facilities on a Sunday at no charge,
except post-cleaning costs. The lessee shall be required to pay the
standard security deposit of $500.00, plus $128.00 to pay for cleaning
- Fenton Township employees with three (3) or more years of service
may use the facilities at no charge on a Sunday or on a Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday or Thursday evening, provided that the hall is left in a clean
and orderly condition, and provided that the scheduling of such an event
does not conflict with any other scheduled events or Township meetings.
Employees are limited to one (1) such no-charge event per calendar year.
Employees may not convey this benefit to another employee or to any
- Non-Profit Service Organizations that perform services that benefit
Fenton Township and/or its residents may use the facilities at no charge
(except cleaning costs) if approved by the Township. Sunday through
Thursday events are strongly encouraged for these no-charge uses. A
maximum of two (2) no-charge uses on a Friday or Saturday will be permitted
per year. The lessee shall be required to pay the standard security
deposit of $500.00, plus $215.00 to pay for cleaning costs.
All rentals not specifically listed are subject to the non-resident
- The facilities are not considered to be reserved until the contract
and rules have been signed and the deposit paid.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing on the cancellation
form provided by Fenton Township.
- Deposits will not be refunded if the rental is canceled less than
six months in advance, unless the facilities are subsequently re-rented
for that date.
- Reservations for a “no-charge” use may be made no more
than 12 months in advance.
- All other reservations can be made at any time.
BANQUET/RECEPTION FACILITIES RULES & REGULATIONS
- The building may not be used for profit making endeavors unless approved
in advance by the Fenton Township Board.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for supervision over all persons in
the building and on adjacent grounds. Disorderly conduct is
- The Lessee shall be permitted access to the building for the purpose
of decorating/set-up no earlier than 8:00 a.m. on the day before the
day of the event. If there is an event on the day prior to your event,
access will be delayed until 10:00 a.m. on the day of your event.
- After the event has concluded and the appropriate cleanup procedures
have been completed, the Lessee shall be responsible for locking all
exterior doors to the building, leaving the key(s) issued in the predetermined
location, and depositing the card key into the drop box located on the
front counter in the lobby of the building.
- The building must be vacated by 2:00 a.m. or eight hours after the
start of the event, whichever comes first. Violation of this
rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- The Lessor assumes no responsibility for any foodstuffs, beverages,
or other items the lessee brings into the building.
- The sale or offer for sale of beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages
on the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the building’s upper
level or on the building grounds.
- The serving of alcohol to minors is strictly prohibited.
- In the event special permits are necessary, it will be the responsibility
of the Lessee to make application and obtain such permit(s) and submit
copies to the Township. Liquor liability insurance shall be purchased
by the Lessee when alcoholic beverages will be consumed. A copy of the
liquor liability coverage must be submitted to the Township at least
thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event.
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere inside the
building. Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of
- The building shall be subject to inspection at any time by any authorized
representative of the Fenton Township Board.
- The Lessee shall be liable for all breakage and other damage or loss
to property resulting from the occupancy and use of the building and
grounds, other than normal wear and tear. No equipment shall be transferred
from one room to another or from one floor to another except by permission
of the Township.
- The Lessee shall not remove, alter, adjust or otherwise change any
light fixtures or light bulbs, or turn off any electrical circuit breakers.
Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit
plus the cost of any damage caused by such violation.
- All candles must be contained. Open flames are prohibited.
- No decoration shall be displayed on or hung from the ceiling or walls.
Violation of this rule will result in the lessee reimbursing
the Township for the cost of replacing any and all ceiling tiles and/or
- Lessee shall remove all adhesive materials from tables, chairs and
windows. Violation of this rule will result in a $50.00 deduction
from the deposit.
- Set-up of tables, chairs, bandstands, etc. shall be the responsibility
of Lessee. Music must stop by 1:00 a.m. or seven hours after the start
of the event, whichever comes first. Violation of this rule
will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- After use, place all rubbish in plastic bags and place the bags in
the dumpster located on the west side of the building, (garbage bags
are not furnished by the Township). Everything that is brought into
the building by the lessee must be removed before vacating the building.
- ALL TABLES AND CHAIRS SHALL BE WIPED DOWN AND LEFT STANDING
IN THE BANQUET AREA.