Banquet / Reception Facilities Rental Guidelines
- Located in the Fenton Township Office & Civic Community Center
- Download Rules & Regulations Printable Document
- Download Printable Contract for Use
Any Fenton Township business, resident or property owner may rent the facilities at the “resident” rate for any of the following events. Whenever possible a Fenton Township resident/property owner must be the individual listed as the applicant.
- Wedding Reception - Bride or groom or any parent of the bride or groom must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- Wedding Anniversary Party - Husband or wife whose anniversary is being celebrated must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Party - Husband or wife whose anniversary is being celebrated or any child of that couple must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- Birthday Party - The person whose birthday is being celebrated must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- Retirement Party - The retiree being honored must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- Family Reunion - A Fenton Township resident or property owner must be the applicant for rental of the facilities.
- High School or College Graduation Party - The graduate or a parent of the graduate must be a Fenton Township resident or property owner.
- High School Class Reunion - The reunion must be for a graduating class of Lake Fenton, Fenton or Linden High School.
- Business Meeting - The business must be located in Fenton Township or a business owner/officer must be a resident of Fenton Township.
- All Other Events - At least 50% of the people attending the event must be Fenton Township residents or property owners.
- Fenton Township residents or property owners celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary may use the facilities on a Sunday at no charge, except post-cleaning costs. The lessee shall be required to pay the standard security deposit of $500.00, plus $128.00 to pay for cleaning costs.
- Fenton Township employees with three (3) or more years of service may use the facilities at no charge on a Sunday or on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening, provided that the hall is left in a clean and orderly condition, and provided that the scheduling of such an event does not conflict with any other scheduled events or Township meetings. Employees are limited to one (1) such no-charge event per calendar year. Employees may not convey this benefit to another employee or to any other party.
- Non-Profit Service Organizations that perform services that benefit
Fenton Township and/or its residents may use the facilities at no charge
(except cleaning costs) if approved by the Township. Sunday through
Thursday events are strongly encouraged for these no-charge uses. A
maximum of two (2) no-charge uses on a Friday or Saturday will be permitted
per year. The lessee shall be required to pay the standard security
deposit of $500.00, plus $215.00 to pay for cleaning costs.
All rentals not specifically listed are subject to the non-resident rental fee.
- The facilities are not considered to be reserved until the contract and rules have been signed and the deposit paid.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing on the cancellation form provided by Fenton Township.
- Deposits will not be refunded if the rental is canceled less than six months in advance, unless the facilities are subsequently re-rented for that date.
- Reservations for a “no-charge” use may be made no more than 12 months in advance.
- All other reservations can be made at any time.
Banquet/Reception Facilities Rules & Regulations
- The building may not be used for profit making endeavors unless approved in advance by the Fenton Township Board.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for supervision over all persons in the building and on adjacent grounds. Disorderly conduct is prohibited.
- The Lessee shall be permitted access to the building for the purpose of decorating/set-up no earlier than 8:00 a.m. on the day before the day of the event. If there is an event on the day prior to your event, access will be delayed until 10:00 a.m. on the day of your event.
- After the event has concluded and the appropriate cleanup procedures have been completed, the Lessee shall be responsible for locking all exterior doors to the building, leaving the key(s) issued in the predetermined location, and depositing the card key into the drop box located on the front counter in the lobby of the building.
- The building must be vacated by 2:00 a.m. or eight hours after the start of the event, whichever comes first. Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- The Lessor assumes no responsibility for any foodstuffs, beverages, or other items the lessee brings into the building.
- The sale or offer for sale of beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages on the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the building’s upper level or on the building grounds.
- The serving of alcohol to minors is strictly prohibited.
- In the event special permits are necessary, it will be the responsibility of the Lessee to make application and obtain such permit(s) and submit copies to the Township. Liquor liability insurance shall be purchased by the Lessee when alcoholic beverages will be consumed. A copy of the liquor liability coverage must be submitted to the Township at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event.
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere inside the building. Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- The building shall be subject to inspection at any time by any authorized representative of the Fenton Township Board.
- The Lessee shall be liable for all breakage and other damage or loss to property resulting from the occupancy and use of the building and grounds, other than normal wear and tear. No equipment shall be transferred from one room to another or from one floor to another except by permission of the Township.
- The Lessee shall not remove, alter, adjust or otherwise change any light fixtures or light bulbs, or turn off any electrical circuit breakers. Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit plus the cost of any damage caused by such violation.
- All candles must be contained. Open flames are prohibited.
- No decoration shall be displayed on or hung from the ceiling or walls. Violation of this rule will result in the lessee reimbursing the Township for the cost of replacing any and all ceiling tiles and/or wall sections.
- Lessee shall remove all adhesive materials from tables, chairs and windows. Violation of this rule will result in a $50.00 deduction from the deposit.
- Set-up of tables, chairs, bandstands, etc. shall be the responsibility of Lessee. Music must stop by 1:00 a.m. or seven hours after the start of the event, whichever comes first. Violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- After use, place all rubbish in plastic bags and place the bags in the dumpster located on the west side of the building, (garbage bags are not furnished by the Township). Everything that is brought into the building by the lessee must be removed before vacating the building.
- ALL TABLES AND CHAIRS SHALL BE WIPED DOWN AND LEFT STANDING IN THE BANQUET AREA.