Emergency: 911
Sewer Emergency: (810) 767-2040
Township Office: (810) 629-1537
Email: info@fentontownship.org

Residents Able to Obtain Fill Dirt from Road Commission Ditching Operations

The Genesee County Road Commission (GCRC) has implemented a new program where property owners may obtain fill dirt from ditching operations. Please note that the GCRC will only approve delivery of fill dirt in the immediate area surrounding a current ditching project. Any property owner who would like to obtain ditching fill dirt must contact the main office of the GCRC at 810-767-4920 to be placed on a fill dirt list. Once notified by the GCRC of the availability of fill dirt, the property owner must then obtain a Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control permit from the office of the Genesee County Drain Commissioner, then a Zoning Permit for Soil Fill from the Fenton Township office. Once both permits are issued, the GCRC will deliver the fill dirt.

Please contact the Fenton Township office at 810-629-1537 if you have any questions.